Makeup artists’ secrets, I bet you didn’t know
Although there is no right or way of doing make up (being so subjective), here are some ideas that I think can help anyone.
- You can skip using a moisturiser and go directly to the primer if you have oily skin. The primer will keep the makeup intact without breaking up your makeup.
- If you want a natural looking lip without too much colour then you can simply apply some generous amount of lip balm. Rub your finger over your lipstick and dab it onto the lip and you’re good to go!
- You can use hair spray on a spoolie to brush over your eyebrows to make them appear more groomed.
- Using Vaseline on a spoolie you can comb away the baby hair which otherwise makes the hair look unkempt.
- Instead of using a very dark shade to contour, use a shade that is only two shades darker than your actual skin tone. This tends to give the best results when it comes to contouring and sculpting the face.
- While applying eyeliner, make sure to stay as close to the upper lash line as possible. The idea is to accentuate the lash line. Leaving a gap between the lash line and the liner makes the liner look untidy and out of place.
- Cream blushes or cheek tints always have a better effect when you want a rosy glow rather than a made up face.
- Lighter shades of eye shadows make the face appear younger versus darker shades which tend to make you look older.